How can you get the best airline deals? Flexible bookings, early bookings, or last-minute bookings are key to finding cheap flights. Do your research. Here are seven tips to help you find the best deals on airfare. Visit dotrey before reading this.
1. The supply and demand factors determine the price of airfares. Flying is more expensive when there is high demand. It is possible to find great deals when demand is low. Red-eye flights are best, as they fly during the day. Mid-week flights are also possible. Avoid Monday mornings or Friday evenings when business travelers travel. If possible, avoid travel during holidays and opt for the off-season.
2. The airline you are interested in flying with should be contacted. When you book directly with airlines, you may get a cheaper price than you will find on airfare deal websites. Because they are required to charge a fee for each person who books a flight on a third-party site, airlines will pass the savings along to you if your booking is directly with them. You can actually save up to 5-15 percent by booking directly with the airlines.
3. Accept flights that have multiple layovers. People who frequently travel for business or pleasure prefer to reach their destinations quickly. Low-demand seats are a great way to save money. You will need snacks and magazines to keep you occupied.
4. Compare airfares to other airports that are within reasonable driving distance of your house. Flying out of smaller airports can often save you money. It is, for instance, cheaper to fly to Newark Airport than to any New York Airport.
5. You can check the airfares of discount airlines. These days, there are more discount airlines than ever. Not all of them have airfares on the major websites that aggregate airfares from multiple airlines. Southwest Air and Jet Blue are the most popular discount airlines in America. Spirit may offer fares as low $9 each way.
6. Book your flight early. Each minute, more then 2 million flights are purchased. During peak seasons, over 50,000 flights are purchased per second. Don’t wait to purchase a deal if you find one that is good. You may lose the deal and end up paying more over the long-term. For domestic travel, book at minimum one month in advance. If you are traveling internationally, book at most three to six months in advanced.
7. Explore different dates. Significant savings can be made by changing your travel dates for a few days or even for a week. Flights departing on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday are the best deals.